Working under the direction of the Event Coordinator and Site Manager your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Unloading equipment
- Setting up event areas including tables, chairs, shade
- Working as ushers and dispensing information to event goers
- Assisting stall holders as required
- Adhering to safety standards
- Assuming role of ticket taker and welcoming guests
- Setting up lighting, seating, general support to vendors
- Providing direction to guests on waste management, recycling
- Assisting with rubbish collection and recycling
- General upkeep of the event site
Accommodation and transport to/from Barunga is NOT provided.
Your own camper-van would be ideal; tents or swags – no powered camp sites.
24 hour security on site.
Workwear: closed comfortable shoes. Dress conservatively and be sun wise (ie recommend hat, sunglasses, sun protective clothing, sunscreen)
Safety gloves, safety glasses, high vis will be provided when duties require this.
The Festival Experience:
The Barunga Festival is a must for anyone seeking an authentic Aboriginal cultural experience. An iconic family friendly event on the national festival calendar, Barunga boasts a long and proud tradition of celebrating indigenous music, culture and sport. This is your opportunity to experience an Aboriginal cultural immersion.